As you begin working today ask yourself – How can I make the next task on my list a bit easier. Maybe even fun.
It is a simple idea, that can make your day much more enjoyable.
It’s time to dial back and realize that the daily grind can be re-framed with a lighter, brighter and more playful attitude when you take action to empower your day with ease.
A Few Ideas
- Be merciful with yourself and others. Forgive someone who has done something ridiculously mean. Seriously, just let it go.
- Don’t rush it. If you have to, back off a little on the caffeine and let everyone know, realistically how long the work will take. Set easier expectations.
- Stop overthinking it. Just get it done. Don’t worry about the credit.
- Do the essential stuff first. Break the task down into smaller steps. Do it over the course of a week, or month.
- Pause and pay attention to what drives you to think critically and to complain about your work in the first place.
- Let someone make you laugh. Keep your sense of humor, no matter what.
“Life is not meant to be a series of to-do lists punctuated by eating and sleeping.”
Do you already approach work with a more effortless attitude? If so, share your thoughts here.