The Highest Version of Myself
“When you become too familiar with who you are,
you have become in fact a real stranger to yourself.”
Quote from –
Inspired by a morning meditation question, what does the best version of myself do today?
- Frames everything I do with gratitude, appreciating my meals, family, work, friends and opportunities to inspire others and connect.
- Spends time in the company of wise people while honoring their intelligence and wisdom.
- Lives in a place and space that is good for me while attempting each moment to help myself and others and as I move in the direction of my heart and soul.
- Learns daily, developing skills of communication and training with deliberate discipline using my words carefully and beautifully.
- Takes good care of my mother, father and cherishes my husband, children and engages in a livelihood that is inspiring and uplifting with benefit to all.
- Gives generously to others and lives with integrity.
- Avoids doing harm and is careful not to over indulge while developing wholesome states of mind.
- Respects life and others with humility and is content while appreciating the spiritual teachings brought into my life.
- Is patient and compassionate with all of those on my path.
- Lives simply and understands the deepest truth and the highest freedom and happiness of mindfulness.
- Steadies my mind, never allowing my thoughts to be swayed by the ups and downs of life, free of sorrow and shame.
- With this highest and humble version of myself, every where I go, I am at peace.
While my religion is not Buddhism, I respect and honor the wisdom of these teachings. I am also inspired by Steve Jobs and his advice for being the best version of you.
I would love to know what the best version of you would do today. Please share your thoughts in the comments below.
Inspired by the Book Awakening Joy by James Baraz