To be aware of a single shortcoming within oneself is more useful than to be aware of a thousand in somebody else.
I’m listening for the unknown in the silence. For my inner guidance system to tell me what to do.
Inspired by Tim O’Reilly
and his explanation on the process he goes through when considering important decisions. How he waits for better answers in the unknown.
Instead of following the Argyris Ladder of Influence. The Ladder of Inference describes the thinking process that we go through, usually without realizing it, to get from a fact to a decision or action. … Draw conclusions based on the interpreted facts and our assumptions while developing beliefs based on these conclusions.
Learning more about the Structural Differential
(a physical chart or three-dimensional model illustrating the abstracting processes of the human nervous system) helps to understand why we should remain curious about the unknown instead of formulating answers based on old beliefs.
What must I let die today? What most go, in order for me to love more deeply? To live more intently? To embrace life more purposely?
1. That I am not a perfect fit for the world.
2. That I’m not enough, that I need to be more of anything.
3. That I am lost and disconnected.
4. That I must wear this heavy armor and use my tongue as my sword.
What am I hesitant in doing?
1. Being more thoughtful and patience with myself and others.
2. Picking one path – oh, it might be a mistake. I make get caught looking stupid, feeling vulnerable and terribly exposed.
3. Speaking my whole truth. The damn truth and nothing but the fucking truth.
4. Creating a life I really want to live.
5. Becoming more loving – the real kind of loving – the unconditional kind.
6. Letting go of the pain of my past.
What should continue to live? And what life am I afraid to give birth to today?
- More of my curiosity about everything.
- Trusting where love takes me.
- Exploring the lush but uncharted territory of this world.
- Listening deeply with a more loving and tender heart.
- My deep desire to connect with others.
- More leaning on the cheek of god, doing things that expand my mind and conscience.
- Allowing my heart to break open – a vast and oceanic heart.
Something to think about. A new perspective on sparking more joy in your life.
I use to wake up each morning wondering “What if?” My mind blown with anxiety.
What if he leaves me? What if I can’t contribute? What if I become ill? What if the world should end?
Now, I wake up each morning and change that “What if?” to acceptance and gratitude for
“What is.” Simply, What is.