I’m always seeking amusing and creative ways to build an unbeatable mind and strengthen my emotional intelligence. Interesting research shows that your IQ doesn’t necessarily lead to success. Nope. Thank God for me. So that is why I search for things I can do now to create more self-awareness.
If I know just two things by now that make for a good brain and in turn a good life, it’s the devotion to understanding and knowing thyself and a commitment to relentlessly controlling your state of mind that will create a better life. Can’t get around it and it takes deep interrogation.
These two actions without a doubt are the strongest pillars of truth and will guide you on your way. Self awareness is key, because falling into a mindless trance through life or worse yet, building bad stories in your brain will leave you helpless. Waking up is imperative.
Thoughts, Words, Action
I also have a fascination with urban slang, so as a fun challenge today, I have incorporated Victorian Era (1837-1901) slang with new ways to elevate the day.
Got a bad case of the morbs? Feeling a bit melancholy? Have a problem you need to fix? Something that is driving you crazy? Hit up your friends but whatever you do, don’t sell them a dog (no lying to them or yourself), focus on your audio (listen carefully) give it to them straight, tell them the truth while you are bitching and moaning, fess up to your own wrong doing.
When things are not up to dick (not going so well) and you are feeling sluggish, in a rut, unmotivated, get bricky with it (stronger, fiercer) and get moving. Try some exercise and strength training. Put your name on the wait list for a new mind body exercise experience in New York called The Class.
Put some butter on that bacon. Find something extravagantly fun to do. Play hooky, stay in bed or visit the House of Air when your in San Francisco or plan a tree camping getaway in Germany. Do something brilliantly different to change your mindset.
Perhaps your tired of humping the swag in your head and you’ve been on overload, dazed and utterly overwhelmed and confused. Meditate for a moment. Download the headspace app and take ten minutes with Andy for a total decluttering of the mind matter.
Elevating your state of mind is making time for emotional, physical, mental, and spiritual needs each day. And it doesn’t need to be all woo woo and self-helpy. It can be downright fun.
You’ve gotta get mad as hops (excited about life) or your mind will run to the most terrifying places. Truth is your brain on fear conjures up some scary shit.
- Negative thoughts of fear that are paralyzing
- Thoughts that will destroy your creative ability and imagination
- Fear utterly kills off self reliance
- Undermines your enthusiasm
- Discourages you from taking initiative
- Leads to an uncertainty of purpose
- Encourages procrastination
- Makes self control impossible
- Wipes out your energy
- Takes away your charm and charisma
- Destroys the possibility of accurate thinking
- Diverts focus and concentration of effort
- Turns will power into nothingness
- Destroys ambition
- Invites failure
- Assassinates your ability to love
What you really want to do is make friends with the monsters, because when you do you turn on your love light with a brain on fire, splendid things can happen.
- You see the abundance of opportunity
- Imagine the impossible
- Climb over obstacles
- Push through the biggest problems
- Know that when there is will there is a way
- Become deliberate and daring and super courageous
- You ask for more
- Loves even more
- Forgive even more
- Give even more
- And you are positive of the very best outcome
Change the way you move because your body will change your mind
- Stand up straight
- Breath deep
- Let go of the tension and stress in your shoulders
- Look up
- Talk slower
- Listen more
Take 10 Seconds & try this
- Sit the way you would be sitting if you felt like a super motivated and successful person.
- Breathe deeply, the way you would breathe if you felt really strong and powerful.
- Sit up straighter, push your shoulders back a bit, move your chest forward and smile.
Now, look at you. Who’s gonna mess with you?
Self mastering the mind is a work in progress and I am very interested in learning from you.
How do you turn on your love light? What’s your favorite slang word of the moment?