This lesson is a hard one. A difficult thing to do. Not impossible, but definitely challenging.
Learn to love everything that happens to you. Everything. Loss, love, pain, joy, anger, disappointment. Everything.
To do great things we must be able to endure tragedy and setbacks. Ryan Holiday, The Obstacle is The Way.
Obstacles prevent us from being inflicted with ennui. Believe it or not, we can turn a bad moment into fuel to restart, reset and ignite – new careers, new partners, new friends – a new life.
- Remove expectations and the thinking that there is a way things are “suppose” to be.
- Accept things as they currently are.
- Love everything that happens. Everything.
- Turn what you must do into what you get to do.
- Face the truth with unending calm and cheerfulness.
- When faced with obstacles, love (and seize) the opportunity to prove yourself.
Roar back at the world.
We don’t get to choose what happens to us all of the time, but we get to choose how we feel and react to it.
Amor Fati – a love and appreciation of fate.